Site Reliability Engineer
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Raise your hand if you LOVE ads! Yeah, we feel the same… So come to be part of the solution, by joining the team that is changing the face of advertising for the better. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding (RTB), The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies and their advertisers a best-in-class technology platform that focuses on delivering meaningful and relevant engagement with consumers.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
We are looking to hire a top-notch Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys operating large-scale software systems. You love learning new technologies and figuring out efficient ways of operating and maintaining those technologies. You want to design and operate software that scales to 3+ million transactions per second on a huge, global scale.
Recently named one of the top 10 most promising companies in America by Forbes Magazine and one of the "Best Places To Work" in the nation by Outdoor Magazine, The Trade Desk offers a culture of "relaxed intensity" – one that comes from working alongside one of the most talented teams in our industry, and leading in a race that is ours to lose.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Monitor the capacity of worldwide serving and data systems. Continually improve capacity measurement.
- Coordinate and automate regular software deployments.
- Monitor production alerts, investigate, and solve for both the short and long term.
- Work with developers and product owners to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and fix production issues in cloud and hosted environments, including both hardware and internal software issues.
- Investigate and fix performance issues in a variety of applications and languages.
- Design and build features to improve system and personnel scalability.
- Occasionally participate in an on-call rotation.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years in an operational role (DevOps, system administration, SRE, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, or other types of tools such as Consul.
- Deep experience with either AWS or physical data center infrastructure (such as hardware load balancers, imaging systems, out of band management, DNS).
- Ability to code in at least one language.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience managing a hybrid Windows and Linux environment, or an eagerness to learn one of these platforms.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle
- Experience deploying and managing monitoring tools at large scale, such as Graphite, Grafana, Nagios/Icinga, or SumoLogic.
- Database management experience is a big plus, especially Vertica or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Big plus if you are familiar with and passionate about software such as Mesos, Kubernetes, and/or Docker.
- Familiarity with ITIL is a big plus, especially Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- A desire to seek out needless complexity and remove it
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.