The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Trade Desk is looking for a Director, Design to push the proverbial creative envelope. The ideal candidate will have experience concepting and executing best-in-class 360 global marketing campaigns, events and video content. S/he must have experience creating work for a variety of mediums, including digital, film, audio, OOH, and print.
The candidate should possess exceptional design skills and have deep a passion for creating work with impact.
In this role, you will:
- Build awareness around The Trade Desk brand and continually raise the bar creatively, putting out inspired and effective work out into the world
- Concept and execute work across brand and product marketing, events and sales and collaborate with teammates across the global marketing org that aligns to our key business objectives
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and tactics that effectively deliver against the creative briefs
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize work flow, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Be curious, love learning new techniques and testing new hypotheses
- Be able to present and articulate ideas and concept proposals to leadership
- Work across every step of content production with the aim of producing video content that is out of the box. This will include pre-production (concepting, storyboarding, casting), on set (art direction) and post-production (editing, shaping narrative)
- Keep track of awesome creative executions and continuously present new ideas to team
- Work with GM, Global Creative Director to oversee and help run The Trade Desk’s internal creative department
- Directly manage a small team of creatives, keeping them on track and delivering on schedule
- Provide creative direction, mentorship and "coach up" creatives on your team and throughout the organization
- Be involved in recruiting and hiring additional creative team members as needed
- Be a nice human
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10-15 years of experience as a Design Director or Senior Art Director at an agency, or in-house marketing team for well-established brands
- BA/BFA degree in Graphic Design (or similar)
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, and graphic elements (and a clean visual design sense)
- Experienced in creative execution, graphic design, art direction, production across physical and digital ecosystems
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in developing PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-function teams
- Hunger for keeping up-to-date on current technology, trends and web design principals
- Strength in building relationships across internal team and external vendors
- Intellectual curiosity to learn all things programmatic and the nuances of the advertising technology industry
- Have a “let's roll up our sleeves and get it done” attitude
Nice to Have’s
- Experience in the advertising technology space
- Experience in B2B marketing
Must be located in NYC
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your application (will not be considered without portfolio website)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.