Senior Billing Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An experienced billing professional to learn/shape/administer our billing processing strategies. Reporting to the Billing Supervisor the Senior Billing Specialist will ensure the accurate and timely execution of global billing processes. This position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill financial/billing duties and to ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations. The Senior Billing Specialist will be responsible for the timely and accurate calculation and processing of monthly invoicing for clients and provide guidance/leadership to their billing specialists.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Ensure all automated and manual billable activities are accurately captured in the billing process and billing terms and calculations are in accordance with customer agreements
- Prepare and send out invoices
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Develop and mentor members of your team
- Work with customer account managers and sales to ensure customers are billed accurately, timely and in the correct format
- Track and ensure the proper processing of billing credits
- Actively work with the customer account managers and other internal departments to respond to customer billing inquiries
- Ensure completion of all billing processes, including month-end and year-end close is completed in line with company deadlines
- Oversee the process to prepare and submit client invoices in standard and customer-specific formats; design and deliver customer-specific billing reports
- Prepare various reconciliations and reports required for the accounting close, financial reporting and revenue-related management reports
- Provide support for external audit processes
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of Billing/Finance experience
- Oracle ERP experience preferred
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- Strong analytical, organization, and follow through skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Positive, proactive team player with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple commitments
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Professionalism and accountability
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.