Manager, Programmatic Strategists, EMEA
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Strategy Team is the Sales Strategy & Enablement arm of the Sales (known as Business Development (BD) Team) organization. Strategists are the internal consultative resource enabling BDs to drive forward prospective business and surface incremental revenue.
The Manager, Strategy will lead a small agile team of Senior Strategists/Strategists and be responsible for the EMEA region (UK, Germany, Spain, France). You will become an expert in all aspects of The Trade Desk’s platform, including capabilities and positioning in the broader AdTech marketplace.
You are a strategic thinker, proactive, detail-oriented, and data-driven, with an eye for curating client-facing materials. You lead by example and enjoy coaching using effective feedback, guidance, and mentorship. You thrive in dynamic, challenging environments and play a key role collaborating with Sales Leadership and BDs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Sales, including Regional Leadership and Country GMs, to develop and execute strategic and revenue driving initiatives
- Lead a regional team supporting their growth and development through hands-on management and mentorship
- Review RFI proposals, media plans, and other client-facing materials to ensure accurate and customized responses, giving The Trade Desk the best chance at winning opportunities
- Anticipate the Sales team’s needs by regularly meeting with BDs to understand their opportunities and challenges
- Become an internal consultative resource to Sales by understanding agency/advertiser challenges, regional/vertical/competitor dynamics, and The Trade Desk’s positioning and platform
- Continue to support the growth of the Strategy Team with hiring, onboarding, and training new Strategists in key markets
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5-8 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other digital advertising company)
- Experience leading small teams including demonstrated ability to successfully lead and coach team members
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. required; comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Strong relationship management skills, including previous experience in building consensus across peers and leadership
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, and tactically, formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner, and utilizing a data-driven approach
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead discussions and share best practices and knowledge with other Strategy Team members
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce high-quality work
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- Required: English
- Additional languages are a plus (German, Spanish, French)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.