Credit and Collections Supervisor
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We need a high energy, hands-on individual to join the International Credit and Collections team as Credit and Collections Supervisor. This role requires the willingness to work cross-functionally with all departments at The Trade Desk including Business and Finance teams in the US.
You will have the ability to operate accurately, effectively, and with a good eye for detail in a fast-moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team dynamic.
This role is based in The Trade Desk’s International HQ in Farringdon and reports to the Credit and Collections Manager International covering tasks across EMEA, APAC, NOAM and LATAM.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supervising two Collections Specialists in their day to day tasks.
- Ensuring the team always complies with internal policies and procedures.
- Processing SOX and external auditors’ requests in a timely manner and when required.
- Covering the Credit and Collections Manager International’s absences.
- Accurately post and allocate daily multi-currency client receipts as per internal cash posting process.
- Download daily bank statements from the online banking system and update the banking excel file for the US Finance team.
- Ensure that all cheques received from clients are banked the same day they are received and posted accordingly.
- Accurately upload daily payments received from clients into the UI.
- Prepare weekly unallocated cash reports for the collectors.
- Ensure all unallocated cash amounts are dealt with in a timely manner across all International clients
- Monitor daily the UK remittance inbox for all remittance advices received from clients.
- Assist collectors in getting missing remittance advices from clients.
- Retrieve, update, and maintain information for credit applications in Salesforce as per internal credit check process.
- Process credit requests via D&B or Experian to assess creditworthiness for all new clients.
- Collate credit application information and provide recommended credit limits to the Business Development team and the Credit and Collections Manager International.
- Request trade references and follow up to receive responses in a timely manner.
- Monitor D&B risk alerts and update Salesforce, Credit and Collections Manager, and the Business team of any adverse information regarding client’s creditworthiness.
- Monitor daily the Credit Request Team UK inbox for all credit checks and spend limit inquiries.
Daily spend limit:
- Monitor daily credit reports assessing clients credit limits against their current daily platform spend.
- Review with the collectors all overdue balances for clients reaching their allocated spend limit.
- Assess creditworthiness of clients reaching their spend limit and make sure updated comments for any changes are kept in the daily report.
- Process and respond to daily spend limit inquiries received in the Credit Request Team UK inbox.
- Keep client spend limit changes updated in Salesforce at all time.
Credit-Debit Memos and Adjustments:
- Accurately process all credit memos and debit memos for International clients in line with internal processes and procedures.
- Maintain client receivable ledgers by accurately processing account adjustments, small balance write-offs, customer reconciliations and bank fee adjustments (after proper approval is obtained).
- Working closely with the Revenue, Billing, and GL teams in any CMs/DMs/Adjustment inquiries for AR month end close.
- Responsible for collections on assigned accounts across different regions.
- Proactively contacting clients via telephone, email, and written correspondence, including issuance of monthly statements to all clients, sending copy invoices and account’s inquiries.
- Achieve 100% monthly cash target.
- Maintain overdue balances to the minimum.
- Build strong and close working relationships with clients.
- Communicate & follow up effectively with the Revenue, Billing, and Business Development teams regarding customer’s disputes.
- Monitor AR UK inbox for all client inquiries.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- 7 to 10+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable, Credit and collections roles.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Demonstrate experience working in multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, and effective controls.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Can demonstrate good judgment while ensuring policies and processes are always followed.
- Organized, accurate, with good attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has excellent customer service skills, and the ability to liaise across multiple time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.