Senior Account Executive - API Agency Sales
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Do you want to take part in the growth and evolution of programmatic? Are you early adopter who is passionate about new products? Can you talk strategy with a CEO as comfortably as big data with a CTO? If so, we are searching for a master relationship builder and sales leader to expand on our success in driving buy-side adoption of TTD’s full platform, with an emphasis on clients integrating with our APIs. In this role, you steer the growth of several high-profile clients in addition to pursuing new opportunities with named accounts. Working with clients in this segment brings you ‘behind the curtain’ and into the boardrooms that craft major partnerships and M&A activity across the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with senior client leaders with a focus on API based opportunities
- Work collectively with Business Development, Technical Account Management, and Solutions Architects to develop products built on TTD platform
- Identify and close strategic API opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Develop a deep technical understanding of our platform, competitive positioning, and an informed view of the value chain within programmatic advertising
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Oversee global account discussions with counterparts in APAC & AMS
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A passion and interest in the history and growth of Programmatic advertising and its effects on the Media Agency landscape
- An ability to distill technically complex concepts in simple terms and devise a clear path forward that is easy to grasp for multiple audiences with different levels of technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Experience establishing long-standing, consultative client relationships and keep momentum on complex and lengthy sales cycles
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles
- Experience in outbound sales within online advertising with a track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.