Head of Marketing and Communications, Asia Pacific
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk seeks a senior marketing executive to lead our marketing and communications efforts in the APAC region. This role is based in Hong Kong.
As our APAC business continues to grow rapidly, The Trade Desk would like to scale our brand awareness and customer engagement efforts. We seek a senior marketing and communications leader who has an entrepreneurial mindset and can build a strategic, enduring team that supports business and brand growth. This leader will be a part of the corporate marketing leadership team and collaborate with the global team and leverage collective learnings.
We are looking for a team builder and leader for the role. Our hire would recommend and build a team of size significant enough to support our APAC region efforts, scale and priorities. We are seeking someone with a strong marketing background who understands and can build the PR function as well.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer in our HQ, lead Marketing and PR function across APAC region, including development of Marketing objectives and plan. Work closely with APAC regional leadership and US based Marketing team on initiatives.
- Build a customer strategy including key audiences, objectives and measurable goals for each country/ office. Build a robust marketing organization to scale the brand’s efforts in the region. Hire a world class organization and drive operational scale and coordination with Corporate Team.
- Build awareness for The Trade Desk brand and support business growth in the region. Work with corporate teams to leverage brand assets and localize for regional needs.
- Support product launch plan and content creation events in region including working with regional/global team(s) on awareness building, customer activation and training.
- Build a leads acquisition strategy, channel roadmap and supporting technology and analytics to support sales teams.
- Build out and execute strategies to leverage key channels such as PR, partnerships, media, social, etc. in concert with campaign messages and objectives. Develop strategies and execute an impactful events presence in the region to reach and engage key audiences.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A minimum of 12 years of marketing and communications experience in the advertising, media, technology or B-to-B sectors. An understanding of the digital media ecosystem is desired.
- A strong understanding of how to build and execute integrated marketing plans that drive toward measurable goals.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills. The ability to collaborate effectively with teams across the globe to execute programs. The candidate will have a keen understanding of how to drive execution while considering global brand positioning and architecture.
- A willingness to travel. We expect this role will include about 50% travel within the region.
- Language requirements: English, Mandarin preferred.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.