Director of Communications - APAC
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Director of Communications will be responsible for driving strategy and execution of communications for The Trade Desk in the APAC region. This role is based in Hong Kong and will report to the Head of Marketing and Communications, Asia Pacific.
The Director of Communications will evolve our media relations, positioning TTD in earned and owned media as the leading global, independent, omnichannel DSP. The communications program will support all of our go to market activities including sales, services, product marketing and partner marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop PR strategy and plan for APAC region considering each country’s unique needs as well as the APAC region priorities as a whole
- Manage all day-to-day media relations across Asia Pacific
- Coordinate media campaigns with colleagues in the US and EMEA
- Drive strategy of all external proactive communications, including development of press releases, media briefing documents, FAQs
- In concert with product marketing, develop and execute communications strategies and tactics to support product launches, announcements, and initiatives directly related to raising awareness of TTD offerings
- Prepare executives and SMEs for media briefings in Asia Pacific region
- Vet/draft responses for external reactive communications and general inquiries with TTD Legal and Investor Relations teams as required
- Manage TTD’s agency of record and other agencies/resources to support programs and communications needs
- Create executive and SME speaker bureau
- Create PR processes, including content review, approvals and measurement
- Create communications tools, including internal updates, external newsroom, calendar of activities
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Candidate will have 7-10 years of progressive B2B Technology PR experience. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency or client, ideally in the adtech, martech or related tech space.
- Comfort with leadership of strategic, creative communications initiatives while maintaining a strong focus on execution
- Act with a strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to participate in cross-functional teams
- Project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demanding initiatives concurrently
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills and the ability to communicate to all audiences at all levels in a clear, timely and effective manner
- High energy level, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness
- An ability to influence and drive results at any level
- A high level of professional integrity, poise and emotional maturity
- A strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with people of diverse skills, levels, experience and personalities
- The ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Some experience with crisis communications preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.