Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Lead Business Intelligence Analyst reports to Director, Business Intelligence and owns BI service delivery and special projects from start to completion within their squad. The individual in this role must have strong execution competencies and the ability to shift context across the breadth of analytics efforts. They must be able to effectively coordinate mid-large-scale projects both ensuring quality and meeting critical timelines. The ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders is an important success factor. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to execute player/coach roles equally; adept at rolling up their sleeves as well as stepping back and leading a project to completion.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and lead a team (2-4) of highly skilled data and BI Analysts
- Own project planning process, workload and capacity planning and manage Sprints to on-time completion
- Build strong cross functional relationships with various business stakeholders & technology teams
- Design and lead comprehensive analyses that promote timely actionable insights, empower decision making around customer experience for strategic growth and product development initiatives with insights and recommended course corrections
- Execute and deliver on BI roadmap including projects contributing to the analytics hub, leading analysis to answer key business questions and managing other infrastructure projects such as next phase of EDW
- Lead Business Intelligence Team process improvement initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise to support advanced analytics needs regarding data availability (internal & external), data infrastructure, BI and analytical tools
- Ability to monitor and identify trends across ad hoc requests and proactively recommend long term, scalable solutions; Expert triage and technical skills to understand ROI on ad hoc requests and make decisions on prioritization of ad hoc work
- Manage escalated issues and high priority requests; Produce recommendations and insights for key partners that will help shape business decisions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's Degree with 8-10+ years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Effectively engage, lead and influence stakeholders and team members alike
- Intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities to drive the most impact for the business
- Proven track record with demonstrated blend of strategic thinking and planning skills to deliver against team commitments and work objectives. Strong track record of impactful contributions to the organization
- Able to design, review, and optimize project plans, identify critical dependencies, sequencing and risks, and drive projects to success.
- Financial acumen and business case proficiency, including scenario modeling and storyboarding. Hands-on experience building predictive models with statistical and datamining tools
- Must have deep hands-on expertise in data analysis, data visualization and data mining
- Highly motivated with the ability to collaborate with individuals to foster a strong team environment
- Aptitude to learn new technical subjects and emerging technologies and articulate their business implications
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with effective presentation skills