Media Trading Specialist
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO YOU'LL DO:
In short, a media buying rock star - you love making campaigns work, and teaching others your ways. You’re great at using data to guide decisions as well as working directly with clients to help them do the same.
- Support more senior Traders across the business and lead the day-to-day for a portfolio of client accounts
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk platform as well as best practices for campaign management
- Take ownership for their accounts, working independently and recognize opportunities to aid account growth, onboarding and optimization trainings
- Partner closely with the Account Managers to add credibility when upselling to existing clients
- Understand complex ideas and data but also be able to communicate this information simply and effectively for other internal groups and clients
- Develop trust and rapport with clients to create optimization strategies and provide consultative solutions for campaigns
- Be action orientated, enjoying the learning process and being full of energy when working through tasks
- Seize the opportunity to take on strength assignments and learning opportunities
- Actively seek to contribute outside of their core role for example, training, knowledge sharing, cultural role modelling, case study development and submission etc.
- Start to identify how client feedback can be used to improve our offerings and make suggestions for consideration by the Product team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years of work experience. Experience in ad tech, online advertisement or digital marketing is beneficial but not necessary.
- Extensive experience servicing Japanese clients in Japanese
- Outstanding, analytical, and problem-solving, trouble shooting abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to draw insights from extremely large datasets
- Ability to thrive in a small, intense, and high growth environment
- Native in Japanese, fluent in written and verbal English
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.