Senior Revenue Accountant
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Trade Desk is seeking a highly motivated, organized and detail oriented Senior Revenue Accountant. As Senior Revenue Accountant you will collaborate with other individuals in the Revenue Department to oversee the order to cash process from a revenue accounting perspective. Reporting to the Revenue Manager, the Senior Revenue Accountant will learn The Trade Desk platform in terms of applying revenue recognition principles, to ensure efficiency and accuracy of transactional processing from a technical accounting and operational perspective.
- Partner with Legal and Deal Desk teams to review and address various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Perform technical research on revenue accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice under U.S. GAAP
- Understand the AR/credit/billings process (platform)
- Follow policies and systems to assist in efficient and accurate revenue accounting
- Assist in review of revenue contracts. Summarize key terms, issues and seek approvals as needed; document contract changes and/or new customer contracts.
- Assist in implementing business process improvements for the Trade Desk revenue accounting cycle
- Work with external auditors to ensure revenue recognition interpretations are consistent with GAAP/company policy and provide related support
- Support external SEC reporting and SOX processes, as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in revenue recognition preferably with experience in public accounting/revenue accounting
- Provide appropriate treatment for US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of revenue accounting and financial principles, preferred
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Proficient in the use of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with revenue accounting/reporting systems preferred
- CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.