GM, Commercial Operations
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The GM, Commercial Operations will manage six geographically dispersed teams that span regional and functional responsibilities. As a global leader you will help to shape and drive the mission, vision, and ongoing transformation of the function alongside peers that manage Commercial Training and Activation teams, you will work as a world-class team to ensure seamless enablement for the Sales and Client Service teams at The Trade Desk. You’ll be responsible for running the ‘engine’ that powers core operational function including strategic planning, analytics and operating rhythm plus the team of operational partners that service the regionally based business teams.
- Seasoned leader with deep business acumen who understands operations to be part science and part art. You have an ability to manage to outcomes by principle in addition to process and are adept at getting to the right result via light touch incentive-based solutions. You know how to enhance productivity and performance without compromising innovation or culture.
- Part diplomat, part systems theorist you are a deep study of human nature Exhibiting high emotional intelligence and integrity at all times and build deep consultative partnerships with your business stakeholders. Exhibiting a passion for helping teams communicate better with each other to drive results.
- Trusted thought partner and persuasive visionary who knows how to manage change through different layers of the organization – from hands on keyboard contributors, to stakeholders, to the C-Suite. You will have a proven record of driving alignment to decision by utilizing clear frameworks, excellent communication, and thoughtful data driven analyses. You will work deeply and dynamically with all the teams that support the commercial organization across the business including Marketing, Product, Finance and Legal.
- You know how to manage through change in a fluid growth environment and the challenges this may bring. You have experience managing many concurrent interconnected initiatives in complex matrixed environments and experience making actionable decisions in the absence of perfect information.
- You employ a diplomatic and consultative approach to identifying inefficiencies to create innovative solutions that empower people to be better at what they do
- You possess strong analytical acumen, you understand and recognize patterns – putting this super-power to use to recognize trends and drive best practices, access opportunity, and deliver the high impact strategic benefits.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 14+ years of work experience in a business or functional ownership role at the intersection of media and technology, management strategy consulting, in or managing a sales planning and operations team, or 12+ years of experience with MBA/Master's degree
- A consummate, empathetic and experienced leader of people – with ability to manage teams through growth and change and have a desire to lead and contribute to a fast paced, hands-on, visionary culture.
- Demonstrated track record of owning outcomes during a measurable business transition
- Experience managing team-lead and senior managers caliber individuals.
- Experience influencing individuals at the C-Suite level and driving strategic business transformations
- Strong technical and operational aptitude
- Able to travel 10-25% of the time
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. #LI-GS1