Director, Talent Acquisition EMEA
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
We are looking for a Director, Talent Acquisition EMEA with a strong corporate culture orientation to lead our talent acquisition initiatives regionally. Someone that has a keen understanding of prioritizing and evaluating cultural fit as a primary objective in the selection process. This individual will have a demonstrated track record of using innovative means to create a sustainable and scalable pipeline of talent for a global organization with an emphasis on protecting cultural integrity for the future.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of The Trade Desk culture.
- Partner with the regional HR leadership and global TA leaders to formalize, support and implement an employer branding strategy across the region via numerous channels.
- With an understanding of our culture and our selection process the incumbent will research, recommend, implement and drive adoption of an applicant tracking system that adds value and efficiency to our talent acquisition and onboarding process.
- Create a robust, multi-faceted talent acquisition strategy generating a scalable pipeline of talent across the various disciplines within the organization.
- Strategically engage recruiting agencies only when needed, negotiating favorable terms and managing the quality and efficacy of that channel.
- Identify, coordinate and facilitate job fairs, college career fairs as a value-add channel to our talent acquisition process.
- Create a network of outreach across the reach of our existing employee population (educational alumni, corporate alumni, etc.).
- Develop and implement recruiting process improvements that balances the load of leadership involvement, protects the integrity of our cultural evaluation process and adds efficiency.
- Proactively create and leverage numerous channels to increase the diversity the applicant pools.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting and forecasting key process metrics throughout the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Own and coordinate the onboarding process, ensuring that each of the critical areas is advised of incoming staff and that details are prepared and ready for Day 1 on boarding.
- Build, manage, direct and develop a small team to support the global recruiting process.
- Maintain awareness of industry and talent trends that will impact our organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert on interviewing skills, proactively training and developing our leadership towards a cohesive, efficient and effective process.
- Quickly escalate issues for resolution.
- Ensure our processes are compliant with all legal requirements across all applicable jurisdictions.
- A player-coach position which reports into the Global Talent Acquisition leader in the US with a dotted line into the regional HR leader in EMEA
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience with in-house recruiting of core business and technology positions in advertising, digital media and software engineering spaces
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience managing on site and remote staff
- Experience working in a combination of a start-up and a big corporate environment – understanding how to scale and grow
- Agile, nimble, able to roll-up the sleeves and get the job done but also be able to recognize the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Experience with European recruitment practices, understanding nuances of different locations
- Experience of all levels of recruiting from interns, manager levels to senior executives within the adtech space
- Experience recruiting for with DSP, RTB, Digital Medial roles is a strong plus
- Knowledge and understanding of European employment laws governing recruitment and hiring practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Highly driven by the values of having a vision, being open, agile and generous, getting the job done well, work hard and play hard with humor and empathy all around!
- Fluency in a European language such as French, Spanish or German would be considered an advantage
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.