Associate, Event Marketing
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Associate, Event Marketing plays a key role in the development and implementation of event marketing plans and strategies that will achieve current and long-range marketing and event objectives. Responsibilities include all areas of the event marketing process, including strategic, creative, financial and tactical. He or she will oversee all event activity, responsible for managing events from research to conception to budget reconciliation to ROI tracking and align them with marketing strategy and business goals. Duties will include the support of the production and management of partner events, industry events, customer and prospect events, as well as field event support.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution for large corporate events, smaller special events and tradeshows.
- Collaborate as part of the event marketing team to find efficiencies, implement best practices, and support other event projects from across the function as assigned. Work cross functionally, define and execute on the program goals, messages, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics.
- Track and plan for marketing development, fund budgets for Business Development and Product Management.
- Gather information (including industry trends, competitive intelligence and business goals) and make event marketing recommendations, incorporating program budget, potential effectiveness, event metrics, logistics, calendaring, etc.
- Design and facilitate internal events, including audio-visual production, collateral design, creation and procurement, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and client service.
- Manage logistical requirements for planning, staging, and shipping or tradeshow properties, products and supporting elements.
- Establish staffing requirements, obtain approvals and recruit employees to staff all trade shows and internal events.
- Research and evaluate potential guest speakers for events.
- Prepare ROI evaluation of events. Responsible for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of events, including leads and other metrics.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Travel to on-site inspections and to project manage events
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2-3 years of experience in events
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.