Lead Trading Strategy Director
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking to build out our Trading team with individuals who get excited about developing and executing client onboarding plans that ensure their advertising campaign success. This entails training and mentoring customers on how to achieve their objectives through real-time bidding with our cutting-edge buying platform. We work closely with the Account Management teams to study campaign performance data, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements to drive business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage a portfolio of business across all key clients in the New York City area
- Oversee a team of both Trading Specialists and Senior Trading Specialists
- Become a leader in RTB buying strategies, optimization algorithms, and data visualization
- Become a leader in best practices for the TheTradeDesk Platform, and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through the platform’s functionality. Mentor clients leveraging this expertise.
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Help build our trading best practices, including creating training collateral and internal resources
- Work closely with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to help define features and enhancements to improve the platform
- Work closely with the client services team to develop and execute an onboarding plan that will make customers successful with our real time buying platform.
- Understand and effectively communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to growth of current client accounts
- Help build the Client Services practice, including developing training material, customer facing assets, and internal resources for trading media through our platform
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of online ad operations experience required; 3+ years of client-facing experience
- 3+ years of experience managing 3+ team members
- Strong leadership skills; ability to set and communicate goals, measure accomplishments, hold team accountable, and give useful feedback; delegate and develop; keep people informed, and provide effective coaching
- Experience in working with ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms
- Solid experience in trafficking and optimizing CPA, CPC direct marketing campaigns preferably in an RTB environment
- Solid experience in Excel including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a get-it-done now start-up environment
- Proven track record of growing accounts by forging a strong relationship with clients, understanding their objectives and recommending best strategies
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.