Lead Principal Trading Specialist
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee the health of agency holding group and /or independent agency relationships as a strategic advisor, guiding problem-solving discussions and providing best-in-class client services.
- Become a leader in best practices for The Trade Desk platform and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through the platform’s functionality. Mentor clients leveraging this expertise.
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Develop trusting and productive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Help build our trading best practices, including creating training collateral and internal resources
- Lead the development of portfolio-specific goals based on the company’s vision and values and responsible for tracking progress of portfolio goals on a regular basis.
- Heavily involved in product development by identifying how to build product that provides solutions for our clients’ business objectives and serving as a liaison between our clients and our product team.
- Managing for team bandwidth, delivering a high-level of account support and reporting progress against goals to management.
- Communicating well with other functional leaders by solving business challenges together, identifying opportunities for growth, and collaborating to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Lead Principal Trading Specialist (LPTS), traditionally known in the market as a Director, Trading. This role will sit within our Client Services (CS) team but across our technical (trading) domain and not our account management teams.
- An effective client-facing leader who is skilled in developing and executing client on-boarding plans that ensure advertising campaign success, while also leading an agile team, and developing talent
- An individual possessing excellent problem-solving, strategic and leadership skills to serve as a player-coach across an international portfolio of accounts.
- Your duties will involve both managing relationships with clients and leading a Trading Specialist.
- Proven track record of working in a data-driven, analytical trading function
- Extensive hands-on experience working with DSPs in the Programmatic Advertising
- Experience in developing, nurturing and managing client relationships.
- Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Execute (and coach others to execute) timely in a fast-paced environment through effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with international internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups.
- First management and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach.
- Ambition to develop personally and nurture the development of others.
- Solid experience in Excel including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Must be fluent in French and English
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.