The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
Reporting to the Finance Manager (based in Shanghai), you will be a key member of the Finance team in our China region. You will play a crucial role to all activities related to the China accounting and reporting requirements to the local entity. You will partner closely with the Finance Manager to deliver outstanding support and services to all levels of the business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist with month end process including preparation of journal entries, overhead accruals, prepayment and intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review;
- Assist audit processes;
- Assist and support the production of a locally compliant (Chinese GAAP) accounting ledger working with the accounting close team, based in London, to bridge the differences between US GAAP and Chinese GAAP accounting entries;
- Responsible for the US GAAP Accounting for the China region in collaboration with our EMEA finance team
- Working closely with other finance functions or teams within the group to achieve business objectives collaboratively;
- Assist in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects;
- When required, assist with the implementation of SOX controls locally;
- Other ad-hoc projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A dedication to teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with a combination of corporate accounting and public accounting firm experience highly preferred
- Understanding of both Chinese GAAP and US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience applying innovative ideas to new or recurring work processes
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Strong knowledge of the China tax system is necessary
- Previous Oracle experience is a plus
- Fluency in both English and Chinese is mandatory
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.