Senior Director, Product Marketing - Data Privacy
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This Senior Director, Product Marketing role is highly specialized and spearheads all our internal and external communications as it relates to data privacy, transparency, identity and the shifting landscape of regulation (GDPR/CCPA/ICO/TCF). This role works closely with the head of product marketing, the wider marketing department (as needed), global senior leadership, our Chief Data Privacy Officer and Legal. This role must think strategically about our long-term view and positioning, while also keeping an eye on the changing industry, regulation and product roadmap, keeping the business proactively informed.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Use your knowledge of the data, transparency, data privacy, the competition, global regulation (GDPR, CCPA) and industry news to inform our positioning and story, working closely with senior leadership and the legal team
- Understand the audience we need to speak to and create messaging and a tactical plan
- Bring in resource from across marketing to support your objectives and plan, as needed
- Work with product to understand the roadmap as it pertains to your area of specialization
- Work with internal stakeholders to tell a story that takes the long view, while considers changing regulation and industry moves
- Build tactical plans to support the business in messaging out to clients, as needed
- Work cross-functionally and keep team partners across the business informed
- Be highly organized and prioritize in-bound requests with the need for strategic vision
- Build a team and hire outstanding team members. This role is an individual contributor to start, with the scope to possibly hire a small team of product marketers in the future
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 10-15 years of global marketing experience, with a recent focus on data, identity, transparency and data privacy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent cross-functional communications
- Demonstrated ability to work together with senior leaders in a large SaaS organization
- Ability to understand a complex set of products, focus on how it will support our customers and create stories and messaging that resonate with our audience
- Ability to drive communication processes and work effectively across global cross functional teams
- Experience leading and mentoring product marketers
- Is hands-on and committed to exceptional output
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.