WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Strategy Team at The Trade Desk is the sales strategy and enablement arm of the Business Development Team. Strategists are the internal consultative resource that enable Sales to drive forward prospective business, identify and close up-sell opportunities, and surface incremental revenue.
The Strategist will become fluent in all aspects of The Trade Desk platform, including targeting capabilities, product features, and positioning in the demand-side platform (DSP) and broader advertising technology (AdTech) marketplace. Leveraging their extensive platform knowledge, this individual will help drive, support, and execute the development of sales materials such as Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, proactive proposals, and external collateral. This person will collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization and globally to analyze advertiser business objectives and develop innovative solutions around our proprietary technology.
The ideal candidate should understand the dynamic media agency and brand landscape and how digital media buyers operate and succeed in order to position The Trade Desk’s technology and services in a compelling way. This person should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, playing a supportive and consultative role to the Business Development Team, while producing high quality, analytical work often operating under tight deadlines.
This is a fantastic growth opportunity for someone who is hungry to learn and thrive within the growing programmatic space. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and data-driven with an eye for curating client-facing materials. The candidate must also have a genuine interest in AdTech, big data, and passion for playing an instrumental role in the future of advertising, a long-standing industry that has become a “new economy” business, by way of companies like The Trade Desk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Sales to develop revenue driving strategies for new and existing accounts
- Strategize, often with internal stakeholders, to ensure high-quality responses to RFI proposals, media plans, and other client-facing materials to give The Trade Desk the best chance of winning opportunities
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk’s platform, product offering, resources, competitive advantages and, more generally, programmatic strategies
- Partner with Sales to research prospective brands, advertisers, and marketplace trends to understand current marketing efforts, competitors, and positioning
- Become an internal consultative resource on programmatic strategies, partner-specific information, macro and vertical trends, and competitive intelligence
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 1-2 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other digital advertising company)
- Must be able to think analytically, strategically, and tactically; formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner, utilizing a data-driven approach
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter, self-motivated, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player who participates and leads discussions; share best practices and knowledge with other Strategy Team members globally
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes and able to turn a concept or idea into substantive sales materials
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce high-quality work that represents The Trade Desk in-market
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. required; comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.