Project Manager - Business Application
This position could be located in either Irvine, LA or Ventura.
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the GM, Technology Operations, the Technical Project Manager – TechOps is responsible for establishing and maintaining the portfolio of projects related to Trade Desk Business Operations, providing a focal point between Trade Desk technical teams, business team and external partners and vendors.
This position is responsible for negotiating, planning, executing, monitoring Technology Operation projects in a professional and controlled manner that provides clear information to all stakeholders for objective analysis and sound decision-making. This includes not only core project management disciplines of planning, cadence management, and risk management but also deep vendor relationships to optimize integrated processes. The Technical Project Manager will collaborate with a full technical team within The Trade Desk, including Engineering, Bussiness teams, Legal, and Operations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a consensus builder and an integrator of people, processes, and technology in a fast-moving, growth environment. Further, the ideal candidate will have significant experience managing many concurrent, cross-functional and vendor-sourced Technolgy Operation projects globally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and implement a clear, simple and effective project management process (including requirements, design, implementation, test, and go-live)
- Develop and publish clear hurdle criteria for all Technolgy Operation projects, as they relate to The Trade Desk business objectives
- Work with other team members to create vendor selection criteria and standards for Quality of Service, SLA, regulatory and industry-body standards compliance and operational performance metrics
- Collaborate with other team members to develop an enterprise Technolgy Operation risk mitigation plan and create a roadmap for implementation
- Provide regular reporting on the current status of Technolgy Operation projects to the Technolgy Operation Steering Committee and executive sponsors
- Support R&D efforts as they relate to Technolgy Operation projects
- Work with colleagues in Product, Operations, and Finance to establish a measured and controlled cadence of Operational Excellence initiatives and Finance controls for budget and forecasting.
- Establish efficient and controlled relationships with vendors and partners to ensure timely issue resolution, project status, risk mitigation, operational handoff, and proper escalation.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information technology or equivalent professional experience
- Five or more years managing a portfolio of Enterprize application projects
- Five or more years managing vendor and partner technical relationships with particular emphasis on performance management and steady-state operation
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations
- Experienced of ISO 27000 and SSAE 16 (18) SOC 1 and 2 implementations
- While not a hands-on technical role, a background in business application work is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to succeed within fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Professional demeanor and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- High level of personal integrity as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.