Head of Marketing Strategy and Operations
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is looking for a Head of Marketing Strategy and Operations that will spearhead its strategic planning, budget and analytics, and operations for the marketing organization. This senior leader will partner with the CMO and Marketing leadership to develop global strategic plans, measurable goals, budgets and executive presentations regarding the marketing investment, progress and organization. He/She will also serve as a chief of staff and help to manage team meetings and strategic alignment projects and conversations for the global teams. Finally, depending on the background of this candidate, he/she will drive the strategy, prioritization, project management and implementation of the tech stack for marketing working with the broader team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Drive annual and quarterly strategic planning process for Marketing, including ROI assessment and measurement.
- Oversee and present monthly dashboard on marketing progress and results.
- Lead budget planning and monthly budget management and coordination
- Lead agenda setting and coordination of monthly and offsite marketing meetings
- Manage projects pertaining to team leadership like career pathing or training programs.
- Be a sounding board and partner with the CMO and Marketing leadership. Work closely with CMO on executive presentations and thought leadership.
- Stay up to date on key industry trends, analyst reports and data points
- Work with Tech Operations and Marketing team on the martech roadmap, investment cases and manage project implementation with business partners
- Lead a small team of Marketing Strategy and Operations professionals to assist in these efforts
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 15 years of business experience minimum with substantial experience in strategy, marketing or management consulting. Experience in or around the marketing function is strongly preferred.
- Financial Planning experience including budgeting, forecasting and allocation on a global scale.
- The ability to measure the return on investment on our marketing efforts and investment and describe our impact.
- A data driven approach. With a strong quantitative and operational background, you are an expert in analyzing data sets and drawing actionable conclusions. Experience presenting quantitative insights and analysis at a Boardroom level is a mush.
- Collaborative leadership and management skills that help to connect the dots and drive the success of the team.
- Aptitude for hiring and mentoring talent
- Entrepreneurial sensibility and curiosity about the intersection of marketing, technology and media.
- MBA required
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.