Senior Manager, Thought Leadership
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Manager, Thought Leadership’s role is to drive its industry education and thought leadership, content publishing, and TTD’s research agenda. This person will be an integral part of a team that plans and executes all thought leadership projects including industry reports, whitepapers, and educational or seasonal microsites. He or she will work in concert with the team lead and global brand team to build strategies and tactics that support global launches and programs as well as to set and define audience and engagement metrics.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Contribute to a thought leadership strategy that aligns with the global marketing goals, objectives and programs for the brand.
- Develop content in all formats including thought leadership papers, blogs, research reports, microsites, social media, etc. Work with the account and creative teams to help shape the design, video production, web development, and other resources to execute the plan.
- Share in the development of proprietary data driven industry reports that add new value to industry conversation.
- Contribute to data driven thought pieces and analytics that fuel public relations strategies. Work hand in hand with PR leadership to conceive thought leadership and amplify content.
- Manage content development via third party partnerships such as Forrester and other consulting firms etc. working in conjunction with marketing partners.
- Support global thought leadership agenda working with teams in NY, APAC and EMEA to share knowledge, develop and produce content.
- Collaborate closely with sales and business development teams to generate and craft client cases and content.
- Engage closely with product marketing to identify key messages and integrate product into macro messaging.
- Work closely with general marketing, social and other teams to plan integrated campaigns to improve content reach and engagement across audiences.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- We seek a strategic thinker and experienced thought leadership expert with 4-8 years of experience in a combination of Data Analytics, Content Marketing & Strategy, Industry Research/Analytics/Reporting, PR/Journalism, and Customer Engagement Planning.
- Proven ability to plan and define research projects and interpret data to craft compelling brand stories.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of how agencies and brands operate.
- Broad geographic experience across NA, APAC, EMEA and/or working across global teams and markets, a plus.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Mix of left and right brain—able to drive creative ideas/ solutions and analytical content.
- BA/BS required.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.