SVP, East Coast
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the sales leader of the East, you will be accountable for delivering on regional revenue targets for the entirety of the East Coast. This role is responsible for scaling the company’s largest sales team, who will identify, secure and then grow company revenue, while working with key internal stakeholders to deliver and support long-term regional success. Expected results are attainment of revenue, profitability, successful management of both large team managers and senior individual contributors, and sales productivity goals established with the Head of North American Sales, Chief Revenue Officer, and US counterparts.
You are a master sales leader with a proven track record of scaling large sales organizations, establishing organizational structure across multiple client types, and closely managing the productivity of a large sales team. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are well versed in the agency landscape in New York City, with key relationships already established.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve regional sales revenue targets in a competitive market
- Responsible for managing, hiring, and scaling sales team within our largest territory regionally
- Directly contributing to product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market & account insights
- Managing existing pipeline, setting commissions targets, working closely with CRO and Executive team to constantly optimize efforts related to company-wide goals
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Work cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies with global partners
- Provides guidance to leadership on performance management and employee development for sales organization
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-12+ years of experience managing senior sellers and a scaled sales team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with C-level clients
- Industry thought leader and ability to shape hyper-growth team
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Understanding of the New York City and East Coast market, and established relationships across the digital ecosystem
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.