API Technical Writer
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for an API Technical Writer who can hit the ground running and create the content and educational materials that enable developers to easily integrate and build to our products. Your expertise will include strong contextual writing, a love for coherent information architecture, and a hankering to dive deep and get things right.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be responsible for developing and writing API documentation for our programmatic advertising platform. You will conduct interviews to gather data and manage the document development process and deliverables. Also, you will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and usability experts to build the documentation that makes developers more productive.
- Drive documentation planning with product and technical teams
- Foster a documentation-minded culture among internal teams and provide technical edits and direction to contributors
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer or information developer
- 2+ years experience writing developer documentation
- Experience with the software development life cycle and agile processes
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience documenting ad tech products is a bonus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.