Director, Business Development
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Do you relish the opportunity to build things from the ground up? Do you love making new connections in your industry? At The Trade Desk, we are searching for a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver to join our growing team as a Business Development Director. In this role, we expect you to exhibit high emotional intelligence and integrity at all times as you establish your role as a true consultative business partner to our clients. This high visibility role offers you an unparalleled opportunity to lead one of our largest accounts by demonstrating your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with senior client leadership
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to cultivate accounts
- Communicate the value of our media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Lead global account discussions with counterparts across the globe
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage individuals in the organization with account responsibility
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fluent in Japanese (Native Level) and English
- 10-15 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales. At least 4 years in a team management capacity.
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Experience establishing long-standing, consultative client relationships
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major holding companies is a plus
- Previous management experience preferred
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Able to travel occasionally for business and internal meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.