Senior Frontend Engineer
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine recently named The Trade Desk among the best small to medium-sized workplaces in the US.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are a skilled senior front-end developer, with several years' experience in a modern, interactive client-side framework (React+Redux is a big plus)
- You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging UX projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- You are passionate for building beautiful and seamless user interfaces. You know how to give users something that is more than just functional – you know how to delight them!
- You love technology and want to both work with and advance the state of the art. Every day we are solving problems that have never been solved before, and we need developers with chops to handle it.
- You work quickly and self-reliantly. We're not exactly a startup anymore, but we run our team like one – fast and lean – which means every engineer has a high degree of ownership and potential impact. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help their fellow teammates.
We also hope you'll take some time to learn more about The Trade Desk and what it's like to work here. Here are a few links to help get you started:
- Learn more about our mission to transform the global advertising industry
- See what it's like to be an engineeron one of the world's most highly scaled Internet applications
- Experience a taste of our global culture
- Get to know a few members of our team
- Read the Glassdoor reviewsthat got us named one of the top 20 best places to work in North America
NOTE: Do your best to apply to the one role and location you believe best fits your skills, needs, and interests. There's no need to apply to more than one – if you're qualified, we'll find the right role and location for you.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.