Senior Director, Marketplace Quality
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Are you are an experienced leader with a real passion for improving the quality of the programmatic advertising ecosystem? If so, we're looking for a Senior Director, Marketplace Quality to join our growing Inventory Partnerships team. You will think strategically about the supply chain from both a supply and demand perspective, while also diving deep into the details to identify problems and propose solutions. You are able to juggle various priorities, and you're comfortable communicating effectively with a wide range of internal and external teams to serve as a voice for The Trade Desk’s marketplace quality initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Represent The Trade Desk Marketplace Quality team in discussions with various internal teams, clients, partners and industry organizations on topics related to inventory quality, ad quality and transparency
- Drive investigations to find technical, operational, policy or business solutions to complex marketplace quality problems
- Work closely with Marketplace Quality Engineering, Product, Partnerships, Legal, Business Intelligence and Client Services teams to drive forward our marketplace quality priorities
- Influence decisions at TTD and in the industry to improve the quality of our marketplace and the ad tech ecosystem
- Motivate, coach and develop a small team, setting career paths and short-term and long-term priorities based on business needs and the market environment
- Handle complex, sensitive discussions with clients, partners and vendors to reach favorable outcomes
- Understand where future marketplace quality needs may arise and create a plan for current and future improvements to our product, policy, processes and use of third-party vendors to address those needs
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 10+ years of experience in operational and/or technical roles at a DSP or SSP
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university
- Deep understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, trends and industry initiatives related to supply quality and transparency
- Knowledge of the anti-fraud offerings of major advertising technology vendors
- Strategic mindset
- Experience leading a small high-performance team
- Superior ability to communicate to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Intense curiosity
- Outstanding ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Comfort with dynamic, fluid environment of a rapidly growing business
- Roll up your sleeves attitude
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.