Senior Data Scientist - Applied AI Research Lab
AI Lab, Data Science and The Trade Desk
At The Trade Desk, the Data Science team is responsible for transforming our hundreds of terabytes of Real-Time Bidding (RTB) advertising auction data into actionable intelligence, using advanced modelling and optimization algorithms. Our mission is to develop new and powerful means of growing the value of our client’s campaigns across millions of web-based publishers.
Being part of the Data Science team, the Applied AI Research Lab (AI Lab) aims to deploy cutting-edge Big Data Artificial Intelligence technologies, including but not limited to knowledge discovery, machine learning, multi-agent systems, NLP and computer vision, primarily in a parallel or distributed computation fashion, to help build the next wave of AI-powered product features.
We believe in both innovation and practicality – doing things smarter, better, faster and cheaper. In this role, you will be a key member in the design and development of scalable AI-powered data products and features, as well as driving the collaborative applied or fundamental research with our academic partners. Your ideas and research will contribute directly to our client facing products, and at the same time help The Trade Desk to advance the realm of AI-powered Programmatic Advertising.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Be an intellectually generous and collaborative team member, and help expand the AI Lab
- Research and showcase the latest advancements in AI
- Help identify suitable AI solutions to some of the most challenging engineering and data science problems
- Help create novel ways to monetise our enormous proprietary data.
- Develop end-to-end prototypes that could scale to run in a production environment
- Maintain a focus on shipping product, understanding that oftentimes done is better than perfect
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You love to embrace challenges, and strongly believe in “there is always a solution for every problem” and “simple is beautiful”.
- You are enthusiastic to learn (and teach) new technologies, and have an open-mind with different ideas
- You are comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
- You are able to deliver a convincing story derived from the data sets to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are able to rapidly prototype ideas, both independently or collaboratively
- A master or PhD degree related to AI, with 2+ years of professional or academic experience building AI solutions or systems.
- You are an expert in one or more of the following areas, with track record of publications and extensive practical experiences of relevant libraries/tools:
- Knowledge Representation
- Data mining
- Machine learning (deep learning is a plus)
- Intelligent agents (e.g., auction theory and game theory)
- Graph algorithms
- Natural language processing
- Advanced optimisation techniques
- You are familiar with data structures and computational complexity, and are proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- You have experience with big data technologies such as Spark, AWS and are able to write efficient SQL