Senior Data Scientist (AI)
AI Specialist Job Spec
The Trade Desk (TTD) is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising. We help the world's biggest brands reach consumers, and our platform funds content providers and publishers who keep the global Internet free and open for everyone.
Handling over 600 billion Real-Time Bidding (RTB) advertising auction queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale and generates massive amounts of data. As a result, we are tackling some of the most challenging application problems, such as analysis of billion-scale graphs, mining from hundreds of terabytes of events and web data, and building large scale, near-real time human-in-the-loop predictive and optimization models, all with privacy compliance.
We believe in both innovation and practicality – problem driven and doing things smarter, better, faster and cheaper. In this role, you will part of the TTD Applied AI Research Lab, responsible for the design and development of scalable AI-powered data products and features. Your ideas and research will contribute directly to our client facing platform, and at the same time help TTD to advance the realm of Programmatic Advertising while contributing to social good.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Be an intellectually generous and collaborative team member
- Research and showcase the latest advancements in AI
- Help identify suitable AI solutions to some of the most challenging engineering and data science problems
- Help create novel ways to monetise our enormous proprietary data.
- Develop end-to-end prototypes that could scale to run in a production environment
- Maintain a focus on shipping product, understanding that oftentimes done is better than perfect
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You love to embrace challenges, and strongly believe in “there is always a solution for every problem” and “simple is beautiful”.
- You are enthusiastic to learn and teach new technologies, and have an open-mind with different ideas
- You are comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
- You are able to deliver a convincing story derived from the data sets to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are able to rapidly prototype ideas, both independently or collaboratively
- A master or PhD degree related to AI, with 4+ years of professional or academic experience building AI solutions or systems.
- You have broad and deep expertise in one or more of the following areas, with track record of publications and extensive practical experiences of relevant libraries/tools:
- Knowledge representation and data mining
- Machine learning
- Intelligent agents (e.g., auction theory and game theory)
- Graph and network science
- Natural language processing
- Advanced optimisation techniques
- You are familiar with data structures and computational complexity, and are proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- You have experience with AWS and Apache Spark.