Senior Director, Communications
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Director, Communications will be responsible for driving strategy and execution of communications for The Trade Desk. With a primary focus on media relations, The Senior Director, Communications will help elevate TTD’s media engagement, positioning TTD in earned and owned media as the leading global, independent, omnichannel DSP. The communications program will support the full range of TTD activities, including brand marketing, sales, product, financial reporting and policy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage day-to-day media relations across US
- Coordinate media campaigns with colleagues in EMEA and APAC
- Drive strategy for external proactive communications, including development of core messaging, argumentation, and key materials, such as press releases, media briefing documents, FAQs
- Develop comprehensive communications campaigns for key TTD initiatives, positioning the company as a thought and market leader
- Prepare executives and SMEs for media briefings
- Help manage financial, policy and issues communications, working closely with TTD Legal and Investor Relations teams as required
- Manage TTD’s agency of record and other resources to support programs and communications needs
- Create executive and SME speaker bureau
- Manage PR processes, including content review, approvals and measurement
- Create communications tools, including internal updates, external newsroom, calendar of activities
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Candidate will have 12-15 years of progressive B2B Technology PR experience. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency or client, ideally in the adtech, martech or related tech space.
- Comfort with leadership of strategic, creative communications initiatives while maintaining a strong focus on execution
- Trusted and confident advisor to senior leadership, including C-Team members
- Strong ability to synthesize complex information into compelling, persuasive storylines that drive media activities
- Act with a strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to participate in cross-functional teams
- Project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demanding initiatives concurrently
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills and the ability to communicate to all audiences at all levels in a clear, timely and effective manner
- High energy level, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness
- An ability to influence and drive results at any level
- A high level of professional integrity, poise and emotional maturity
- A strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with people of diverse skills, levels, experience and personalities
- The ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Experience with crisis and policy communications
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.