Senior Specialist, Credit Collection
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We need a high energy, hands-on individual to join the International Credit and Collections team as a Senior Specialist, Credit and Collections. This role requires the willingness to work cross-functionally with all departments at The Trade Desk including Business teams in China.
You will have the ability to operate accurately, effectively, and with a good eye for detail in a fast-moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team dynamic.
This role is based in The Trade Desk’s Shanghai office and reports to the Financial Controller covering tasks across China.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Own the Credit & Collection piece within China
- Provide regional support to invoicing and billing function, as well as other areas of importance in our revenue cycle
- Drive the regional process transformation roadmap and continuous improvement efforts for credit and collections, encompassing process, tools, and data
- Build strong, collaborative working relationships with outsourcers and external business partners, with a focus on driving efficiencies and improving levels of service
- Design and execute strategies and plans for ongoing process and technology change initiatives
- Enhance accounts receivable reporting packages
- Measure and report on key performance metrics, highlighting issues/areas for improvement and developing required action plans with a focus on improvement of order to cash cycle time
- Monitor and report on transactions and processes to ensure effective accounts receivable risk management and compliance with company policies
- Work closely with internal teams in London and California office as part of the international finance team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- 4 to 6+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable, Credit and collections roles.
- Demonstrate experience working in multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, and effective controls.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Can demonstrate good judgment while ensuring policies and processes are always followed.
- Organized, accurate, with good attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has excellent customer service skills, and the ability to liaise across multiple time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables)
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (Cantonese would be a plus)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.