General Manager, Business Development
Who we are:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
Who we are looking for:
We are searching for a strong commercial leader to help lead our fast-growing business as we look to scale. In this role, you drive our commercial strategy and growth, without compromising on innovation or company culture. You inspire and empower your sales teams to stretch themselves to achieve ever greater goals and to collaborate closely both locally and globally. You also mentor and direct your teams to build consultative and business relationships that ensure long-term client success.
You are a strategic commercial leader – with the ability to identify and execute on growth opportunities and craft how the market thinks about our company. The desire to make advertising work better for brands and their agencies is what drives you.
You have a high aptitude for and comfort level with working in complex business and technology environments along with a strong leadership and commercial sense.
What you will be doing:
- Ultimate responsibility for revenue, growth and health of the sales team
- Lead TTD’s growth strategy and sales operation
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with senior client leadership
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to cultivate accounts
- Communicate the value of our media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Oversee global account discussions with counterparts in APAC and US regions
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimise efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivalled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage others in the organisation with account responsibility
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
- Lead the most important executive client relationships
- Be a strong TTD culture champion and advocate across the business
- Act as the primary contact point for TTD’s Global client relationships
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop The Trade Desk's value propositions and differentiators for our markets
- Become an expert practitioner of our platform, and offer insights to clients
- Build deep and lasting connections internally across TTD departments and specialty functions
What you bring to us: (Day 1)
- Demonstrated track record of success leading a fast-growing digital advertising business in the region for at least 10 years
- Documented success of being an inspiring, empowering, commercial leader for a cross-functional team over a sustained period of time
- Great communicator and conduit between global and local teams
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic technology environment
- Strategic, evidence-based sales leader who will be a great collaborator at the executive level but is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the day-to-day work with their teams and tackling the work required to scale the business
- Strong technical aptitude and eagerness to learn the Company’s product set
- Self-starter, with a high work ethic, who is searching for the right company to support your growth
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.