Senior Manager, PR
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Communications Manager for South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand will drive external communications for the company in this important region, with a particular focus on media relations. S/he will develop relations with media and other influencers across the region, building and executing successful campaigns that effectively position the company. S/he will also pilot new approaches to employee engagement and communication. This position will work closely with other parts of the global and regional communications and marketing teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and execute comprehensive media strategies for both SEA and ANZ
- Develop compelling local storylines, leveraging local evidence, executives and thought leadership, to drive media coverage.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national business, technology and vertical industry media
- Beyond the core media relations mission, this person will also help:
- Identify, initiate and manage new analyst and broader influencer relations in the region
- Work closely with the marketing team to build on- and off-line engagement with external stakeholders
- Develop new methods and programmes for employee communication and collaboration across multiple offices
- Provide communication counsel, support and training for executives and experts across the offices
- Coordinate and manage local PR agencies
- Work as a catalyst for company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Politics, Marketing or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 6+ of professional media relations experience. Tech experience preferred.
- Strong media relations skills
- Excellent ability to develop and articulate compelling storylines
- A team player who knows how to generate collaboration
- Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- An excellent communicator – talking, meeting, presenting
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.