Senior Marketing Manager, China
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communications programs for The Trade Desk in China. The role will be based in Shanghai, reporting to the General Manager, Marketing APAC and will partner closely with internal marketing and business (sales, client services and trading) teams.
You’ll collaborate with local leadership to build integrated marketing & communications campaigns that drive awareness and adoption of The Trade Desk in China and also support regional and global marketing efforts. This role is responsible for shaping how The Trade Desk story resonates in China, positioning The Trade Desk effectively to local audiences, and adhering to The Trade Desk’s brand guidelines.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop quarterly marketing and communication objectives and plans, with associated KPIs, in conjunction with the APAC marketing team and GM of China to increase brand awareness and drive demand generation for The Trade Desk in the China market
- Work closely with business teams to define target audiences and ensure that campaigns engage those audiences
- Collaborate with global marketing team to support global marketing strategies
- Help define and manage the customer journey in China, from prospect to client
- Work with internal teams and external partners to build the company’s presence and increase target audience engagement on digital channels, in particular WeChat
- Manage client and prospect database
- Localize global and regional digital marketing campaigns
Communications, Messaging and Content
- Coordinate with regional Director of Communications and PR resources in China to support local and global communications strategy, creating narratives and messaging that resonate with the target audience
- Identify, initiate and manage influencer/key opinion leader relations
- Assist in writing, editing and reviewing announcements, press releases, bylines and messaging documents (Simplified Chinese and English when needed)
- Manage Chinese content localization projects; including producing, writing, editing and reviewing content in simplified Chinese
- Support creation of new marketing collateral specific to the Chinese market, such as case studies, working in conjunction with internal teams (such as Product Marketing) as needed
- Partner with regional Event Marketing Manager and support the planning and execution of local marketing events (such as dinners, workshops, conferences)
- Work with trade/industry organizations and partners to host events and standalone programs (such as client/partner roundtables) that drive business relationships forward
- Work with GM Marketing APAC and marketing strategy and operations team to track marketing budget
- Track metrics and help produce regular reporting on marketing activities and results
- Manage 3rd party vendor and agency relationships as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Native in Chinese (speaking, reading, writing) with strong knowledge of domestic China market; fluent written and spoken English
- 6-9 years of relevant professional marketing experience
- Team-oriented, energetic and a creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong sense of ownership and can-do attitude
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, B2B marketing experience preferred
- Strong analytical problem-solving and project management skills, including the ability to juggle many priorities at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to effectively interact with all levels across an organization. This is a hands-on position involving regular collaboration with our senior leadership, the operational business team, and at times our clients
- A process-oriented mind to design, implement and analyze campaigns using Salesforce and Marketo (knowledge of marketing automation tools, specifically Salesforce and Marketo, a plus)
- Experience writing briefs, proposals and copy
- Bachelor's degree; majors in Marketing or Business Management are preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.