WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Operations, the Operations Analyst will be responsible for analyzing critical internal platform cost and performance, as well as tracking SLA performance of our partners and vendors. This position is responsible for creating flexible and comprehensive models for cost and performance analysis of The Trade Desk’s industry leading DSP platform. Working with various other teams, including Finance, Business Intelligence, Product, DevOps, and Development, the Operations Analyst will provide scenario environments for experimentation and data-driven decision-making using our massive data sets. Additionally, the Operations Analyst will be a key member of our vendor management team, ensuring SLA compliance and 3rd party performance information.
The successful candidate will be highly accountable, analytical, detail-oriented, a great visualizer of data and extractor of insights, all while demonstrating an ability to quickly establish trusting relationships across various teams within our organization. This individual will also be responsible for working to provide key insights on all operational costs and will work closely with finance and engineering to provide updates and analysis on our forecasting and budgetary outlook.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Coordinate ongoing collection of operational and financial data from departments, other key staff, and external vendors.
- Consolidate and report trends, including variance reporting and asset analysis.
- Assist in creating high-level, integrated management metrics for operational cost management.
- Own infrastructure node cost data;
- Collect and manage information required to analyze network assets and track partner & vendor contract performance.
- Develop and complete periodic reporting & ensure accuracy, consistency and quality amongst these reports.
- Assist in infrastructure capacity planning.
- Create and maintain quantitative models for operational cost analysis, scenario gaming, and experimentation.
- Collaborate with many other stakeholders to build consensus on models, points of view and report-to-action efficiency.
- Effectively communicate key insights and findings to leadership team and across the entire organization.
- Prepare performance reports for vendor reviews.
- Collaborate with other data processing teams (Engineering, Business Intelligence, Finance) to enhance and mature the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics/Statistics or Management Information Systems.
- Exhibits sound business understanding, strong quantitative & analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and business evaluation. Ability to derive insights and equations from historical data and extrapolate for scenario analysis.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Data and Automation skills i.e. SQL, REST, VBA, Python, R
- Strong interpersonal skills; will be working closely with Senior Leadership and stakeholders across the business.
- 2+ years of business and finance processes experience as an Operations / Business / Financial / Data Analyst in an environment with high velocity data.
- 1+ years of experience evaluating vendor performance for operational excellence initiatives and contract compliance.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.