Senior Technical Writer
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for an individual contributor to drive product adoption by communicating how to use our sophisticated programmatic advertising platform. Everyone says you’re a good technical writer – and you have the solid track record to prove it -- but you’re so much more than that. You are ready to take ownership of your part of a key communications channel. You can write solid marketing copy on technical topics. You might not be an expert when you start in on a project, but you work effectively with those who are, and soon earn their respect and trust. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, can run with a request, and deliver polished results autonomously. You take complex technical information, distill it down to essential concepts, and create multimedia content that gives people an “aha” moment. You have a keen eye for the small things that make the good great and are delighted when you help the team say it better.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Communicate effectively about The Trade Desk and its products to internal and external audiences in a variety of media, including text, graphics, and video. Combine technical accuracy with compelling language that highlights both the “how” and the “why” of our platform and its features.
- Create and maintain clear, accurate, and engaging technical content that empowers digital advertising professionals to use The Trade Desk platform and APIs to meet their business goals.
- Take ownership of projects and manage stakeholder expectations while achieving business goals.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, product teams, and other technical communicators to ensure all technical content fits into The Trade Desk’s brand and product themes and supports specific marketing campaigns.
- Create product marketing copy with a strong technical emphasis.
- Manage content through the development and publication cycles using JIRA and other workflow management tools. Assist in creating and managing content lifecycle processes, including content localization in multiple languages.
- Publish and manage content in Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels on a weekly release cadence.
- Assist in building and administering Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental style guidelines and help refine those guidelines as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field where you have written on complex topics with clarity and impact. Technical degrees with strong communications skills welcome.
- Five or more years’ experience as a technical communicator. Experience with SaaS platforms, JSON APIs, and content localization preferred. We will ask for examples of your technical communications work.
- Demonstrated experience creating web-ready text, graphical, and video content on a technical or other complex topic as shown by examples you provide.
- Experience with Guru or other online authoring and publication tools, Adobe or other screen capture and audiovisual tools, and Atlassian JIRA or other workflow management tools.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.