Privacy Program Manager
As a member of The Trade Desk’s Privacy Team, the Privacy Program Manager will be part of a dedicated privacy team doing cutting edge privacy work at a high-growth global technology company. As part of the team, you’ll be challenged with interesting problems every day, and have an opportunity to rapidly expand your skills and knowledge in the privacy field. You’ll play a key role in our privacy strategy, with visibility across the organization, and the satisfaction of supporting product, engineering, and business teams as they keep growing one of the hottest tech companies there is.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This role requires a high caliber individual, able to work independently, with curiosity, great attention to detail, and an unshakeable drive to keep projects on track. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Privacy Counsel, and although it is not a legal role, you must have a proven ability to understand complex issues involving technology, and be able to act as an effective bridge between the Legal/Privacy teams and the rest of business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work cross-functionally and globally to ensure the thorough and efficient implementation of the The Trade Desk’s privacy compliance and risk management strategy.
- Translate the company’s privacy compliance and risk management strategy into accurate and timely implementation via projects such as policy rollouts, privacy reviews, privacy product management, policy enforcement and more.
- Manage compliance with policies and contractual obligations related to privacy and data usage.
- Manage compliance with privacy certification programs and administrative requirements of applicable laws.
- Maintain a strong understanding of privacy developments around the globe that affect the company and the industry.
- Continually improve our processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Hyper-organized doer able to manage high volumes of projects, tasks, and information
- CIPP certification, or ability and willingness to obtain within 3 months of starting
- Exceptionally thorough, with excellent judgment
- Technical understanding of computers and the internet is a necessity, i.e. should be able to understand and explain data flows, how the internet works, cookies, servers, clients, etc
- Prior project management, product management, program management, or compliance experience
- Comfort working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly-expanding technology company
- Knowledge of Privacy and /or Programmatic advertising would be highly beneficial, as would experience in Technical Project, Program, or Product Management
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.