WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Financial Controller (based in Shanghai) you will be a key member of the Finance team and play an instrumental role to all activities related to the China accounting and reporting requirements for the local entity. The Finance Manager will partner with all levels of the business to deliver outstanding support and services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Handle month end process including preparation of journal entries, overhead accruals, prepayment and intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review;
- Assist and co-ordinate audit processes;
- Assist and support the production of a locally compliant (Chinese GAAP) accounting ledger working with the accounting close team, based in London, to bridge the differences between US GAAP and Chinese GAAP accounting entries;
- Working closely with other finance functions or teams within the group to achieve business objectives collaboratively;
- Understand business needs and partner with business stakeholders by providing professional and agile finance operation support;
- Support the local treasury operations;
- Build relationships with local auditors and tax advisor and ensure all local reporting is delivered to due dates;
- Initiative in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects;
- When required, implement SOX controls locally;
- Other ad-hoc projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 7-8 years of experience including both public accounting and industry experience. Public accounting experience should include Big 4 accounting experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a senior accountant (or equivalent) at a US listed technology company
- Qualified Accountant (CPA) or international equivalent
- Strong understanding of Chinese GAAP and US GAAP
- Strong technical background with Audit, Statutory reporting, and Corporate Tax
- Experience with general ledger accounting and detailed accounting transaction oversight
- Experience with SOX, including working knowledge of the documentation and activities related to IPE
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining attention to detail and effective controls
- Advanced skills with regard to MS Excel and Oracle financial systems
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Some travel required
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.