Media Planning Senior Strategist, Business Development
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our Strategy Team is the strategy and enablement arm of the sales organization. Strategists are internal consultative resources enabling the Business Development Team (BDs) to identify and drive forward prospective business as well as surface incremental revenue.
The Senior Strategist is an expert of TTD’s platform capabilities and product features its positioning within the advertising technology space. You will play a crucial part on the execution and development of sales materials specifically within the China region.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization and on a global level to analyse advertiser business objectives and develop creative solutions around our proprietary technology.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with sales team to own, drive and execute the creation of sales pitches, including RFIs, media plans, BD decks, and external collateral
- Strategize with internal partners to ensure high-quality responses to RFI proposals, media plans, and other client facing materials to give TTD the best chance of winning opportunities
- Own and maintain Strategy Team resources including sales asset library (internal and external materials), team internal pages, competitive intelligence and vertical deep dives
- Become an internal consultative resource to Sales by understanding agency/advertiser challenges, regional/vertical/competitor dynamics, and TTD’s positioning
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3-5 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other online advertising role)
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking to come up with unique media planning ideas for clients
- Ability to use data to formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner especially on sales materials
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious
- Deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Be a standout colleague who participates and engages with global team members
- Quick learner and detail minded
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. is highly preferred
- Outstanding PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- Languages Requirement: English and Mandarin
- Additional languages are a plus (Japanese, Korean)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.