Engineering Technical Writer
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, teamwork, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Come and see why Fortune Magazine recently named The Trade Desk among the best small to medium-sized workplaces in the US.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will craft and maintain text and multimedia content that shares and emphasizes the innovations, technical challenges, and technical creativity of The Trade Desk engineering department and platform.
- You will work with subject matter experts on the engineering team and other engineering collaborators to define technical blog and article content that emphasizes technical details.
- You will guide the content creation process by iterating on the details with engineers, polishing the content with marketing, and publishing content through the appropriate medium.
- You will craft and refine an engineering voice and style guidelines.
- You will work with the marketing and engineering teams to generate technical content for landmark releases.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Communications, or another field where you have proven the ability to write technical content with clarity and impact. We will ask for examples.
- Ability to digest, synthesize, and distill complex computer science ideas and implementations into written form
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapidly-evolving information and priorities.
- Prefer proven experience generating content for a technical blog or technical articles.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.