Lead Associate Trading Director
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
Who we are looking for:
An effective client-facing leader who is skilled in developing and executing client onboarding plans that ensure their advertising campaign success, while also leading junior traders and developing talent. We would like an individual possessing excellent problem-solving, strategic and leadership abilities to serve as a player-coach across a portfolio of accounts.
Your duties will involve both maintaining relationships with clients and leading a small team of Trading Specialists.
What you will be doing:
- Lead client-facing voice of The Trade Desk trading, coordinating the health of key senior client relationships by providing outstanding client services
- Become a leader in identifying specific client goals and needs, and contextualizing and tailoring The Trade Desk’s product offering to provide high level business solutions
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to build optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Develop trusting relationships with key partners both internally and externally
- Managing an agile team of junior traders; coordinating their day-to-day management, motivating the team by setting clear expectations, developing career path plans, providing constructive feedback, and maintaining a high level of performance from the team to develop the next generation of leaders
- Actively balancing team bandwidth, delivering a high-level of account support and reporting progress against goals to management
- Coordinates and disseminates standard Trading methodologies across the Global Client Services organization
- Owning the development of portfolio-specific goals based on the company’s vision and values and responsible for tracking progress of portfolio goals and communicating to upper management
- Prioritizes and advances needs in new product development cycle and in beta testing new products as well as in giving feedback on beta test results
- Communicating well with other functional leaders by solving business challenges together, finding opportunities for growth, and collaborating to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years experience in developing, cultivating and leading client relationships
- 2 or more years of experience managing direct reports
- Understand how to scale and communicate your knowledge and expertise across an internal client services team
- Strong ability to be a consultant to senior level client decision makers through effectively communicating strategy improvement, product and idea generation, and business outcomes through a marketing lens
- Shown ability to drive positive business outcomes by prioritizing and align company and client business needs
- Ability to identify and effectively prioritize product, people, and client needs
- Strong management and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach, and a deep understanding of personal and career growth development
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external partners, executive team and industry groups
- Execute (and coach others to execute) timely in a fast-paced environment through effective time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Considerable experience in Excel including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.