Event Marketing Manager
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Event Marketing Manager plays a key role in the development and implementation of event marketing plans and strategies that will achieve current and long-range marketing and event objectives. The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for all areas of the event marketing process, including strategic, creative, financial and tactical. The Manager reports to the Director, Event Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Event Marketing Manager will oversee all event activity, responsible for managing events from research to conception to budget reconciliation to ROI tracking, and align them with marketing strategy and business goals. Duties will include the production and management of partner events, industry events, Customer and Prospect events, including webinars and other online events, as well as field event support.
- Responsible for the execution for large corporate events, tradeshows and smaller special events.
- Collaborate as part of the event marketing team to find efficiencies, implement best practices, and support other event projects from across the function as assigned. Work cross functionally, define and execute on the program goals, messages, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics.
- Track and plan for sponsorship participation and execution.
- Gather information (including industry trends, competitive intelligence and business goals) and make event marketing recommendations, incorporating program budget, potential effectiveness, event metrics, logistics, calendaring, etc.
- Design and facilitate internal events, including audio-visual production, collateral design, creation and procurement, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and client service.
- Define objectives and messaging for events.
- Manage logistical requirements for planning, staging, and shipping or tradeshow properties, products and supporting elements.
- Prepare ROI evaluation of events.
- Establish staffing requirements, obtain approvals and recruit employees to staff all trade shows and internal events.
- Research and evaluate potential guest speakers for events.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of events, including leads and other metrics.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years’ experience in event marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in emerging and frontier markets will be a great plus (i.e. Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and contributors at once
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with great strong sense of curiosity and creative mindset
- Strong negotiation skills and experience negotiating vendor contract
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.