Senior Manager/Director, IT Infrastructure
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Manager/Director, IT Infrastructure is responsible for The Trade Desk’s global corporate IT Infrastructure systems; primarily focused on Collaboration, Identity, Network and Telecom systems. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, collaborative people manager and one who is energized by hands on involvement in technology on a day to day basis. We are looking for a hands-on technologist who has the ability to manage direct and indirect resources, while having the technical aptitude to operate and implement the technologies they are responsible for.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Vendor Management expertise for our 95% cloud-based technology stack. Maintain a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers.
- Cooperative leadership in leveraging our operations team for Level 1 Administration services through Operationalizing processes, driving automation, good documentation creation, training and technical guidance.
- Responsible for (through a combination of hands-on and direct staff)
- Internal directory service management and architecture, Cloud-based single sign on, proactive service health focus (Monitoring, patching, backups)
- Application management of on premise and/or third party hosted solutions
- Collaboration systems (Project Management, Knowledge Base, Unified Communications, Hosted Email, Cloud based VoIP telephony solutions, Cloud File Management, Meeting Room Collaboration and Print/Scan solutions.)
- Global Corporate WAN and LAN Devices
- Global Data/voice circuits
- Contributes as a technical project resource for global collaboration, Enterprise and Identity system projects across a mixed Windows and OSX environment (70%/30%)
- Team member participation on our Security Team, participates in security incident response processes and activities as appropriate.
- Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolutions; ability to provide status updates and reports
- Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Procedures and KB
- Maintains a high quality of technical support to ensure effective productivity for the management, established employees, and the future of The Trade Desk team members.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to analyze customer needs and reach acceptable solutions
- Comprehension and adherence to company procedures and policies required
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems required
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
Education and Experience Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field required; Microsoft certification desired but not required with demonstrated experience
- Eight to ten years+ of experience in a similar hands-on engineering role working with:
- Multi-site Active Directory & best practice, replication management, group policy objects, Domain trusts, Federation and Disaster recovery planning
- Office 365 / Exchange online, email best practice, day to day email management, configuration management, email archive, e-discovery and Disaster recovery planning.
- Cloud-based single sign on experience with Azure AD SAML, OAUTH or similar technology
- Anti-virus/Malware/Phishing defense, DDOS and IP based attack mitigation
- New circuit provisioning, carrier and telecom contract management
- Hosted and Cloud PBX management (Cisco, RingCentral, Zoom Voice)
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, associated certificates and directory authentication integrations.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining our Cisco Meraki stack; Firewall/IPS, layer 2 / layer 3 switches, wireless access points, Mesh VPN, QoS prioritization, Traffic shaping and HA/Failover
- Two to five years of experience working with:
- AD Connect, Powershell
- Enterprise Cloud file storage services (Dropbox, OneDrive)
- Unified Communications (Slack, Cisco Jabber, Cisco VoIP)
- Meeting management software (Zoom)
- Microsoft patch management / deployment
- Domain security industry standars (Azure Multifactor Authentication, Mimecast Secure mail gateway, Azure Security and Compliance)
- International deployments and international end user support for troubleshooting and new equipment provisioning
- Previous experience working at a startup is preferred
- Prior experience working with the ITIL framework in a SOX regulated environment is highly desired
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Overtime: Must be available and willing to work such overtime per week as we determine is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Weekend and Holiday: Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet THE TRADE DESK business needs.
- Will be required to carry a company-funded smart phone and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.