Manager, Inventory Partnerships
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Manager, Inventory Partnerships will help create the foundation of internal inventory ad operation process, publisher account management and to develop and maintain a portfolio of partnerships with local Media/SSP/Ad Exchange partners. You’ll have a broad remit in shaping the local operational workflow. You'll be setting standards by bridging the knowledge of two different programmatic advertising market, China and the rest of the world. You’ll be comfortable with speaking and writing in English and Mandarin. You’ll also be comfortable with coordinating across functional teams both internal and external. You’ll have to the opportunity to work in a fast pace industry while being the bridge between local market with global clients. You have an operational mindset and enjoy seeking and completing challenging tasks at hand. You have a passion in the programmatic advertising ecosystem.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Create the standard of inventory ad operational with different local media/SSP/Ad Exchange partners
- Maintain and document different operational process workflow, and technical offering in the local market, while bridging local market nuances into terms global clients are familiar with in the international market
- Enforce policies, operational processes, and standards so that the business teams such as Sales and Client Services adhere to create scalability for the team
- Communicate with local partners regularly to ensure the inventory is available and addressable
- Troubleshoot campaign delivery for your local market and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure we can resolve the problem
- Escalate, track and resolve technical problem with each local supply vendors
- Evangelize The Trade Desk’s value proposition and technology with our local partners
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Macro Economics Preferred)
- Fluent in both written and spoken Mandarin and English
- 3-5 years’ experience in China’s Programmatic Advertising Market
- Ability to work under pressure
- Some level of experience with negotiating with local media companies
- Expert knowledge in the local programmatic markets and be able to articulate who are the major players across DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, etc.
- Detail Oriented and have exceptional Problem-Solving Mindset
- Ability to multi-task and be able to work with across different department
- Passionate about advertising technology (AdTech)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.