Custom Audience Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We seek individuals who get excited to dive into the nuances of the advertising technology market to help us and our clients develop more efficient optimization methods. We want individuals who are motivated by using data-driven solutions to support client efforts to effectively buy advertising through The Trade Desk’s cutting-edge platform. The Global Services Team works closely with the TTD Business and Account Management team to provide business intelligence reporting, address complex questions and to identify areas for improvement.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about new technology, has not only the existing technical skills to be successful but also the acumen to learn even more; you’ll never run out of things to learn here. You’re comfortable being a mediator between account and technology teams, helping both reach solutions on high-priority technical issues. There is plenty of room for advancement in this role within the department or otherwise within our company that is a meritocracy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Create and manage systems/ processes of datafication
- Generate new data segments from internal data sets
- Managing our internal taxonomy for data segments
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and Data Scientists in building and testing prototypes for margin generating products
- Create custom data segments for clients
- Manage and create reports related to team performance and data entry tracking
- Managing & prioritizing inventory for datafication
- Set up and manage checks and balances in data entry process
- Managing and automating refreshing of data segments
- Run and automate scheduled scripts for data creation
- Responsible for accuracy of processes and data creation
- Maintain categorizations of data segments inside our DMP
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Must have creativity to generate new ideas and ways to create data sets
- Proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries and reports
- Knowledge of RTB, DSPs, ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Office, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets is a plus
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and understand highly technical processes and projects given from our engineering team
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from extremely large datasets with minimal support
- Must have deep hands-on expertise with SQL Server & Vertica, data warehouse methodologies/practices - experience with Qubole and Hadoop a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills a must, experience with R a plus
- Experience in a customer / client facing role (working directly with business stakeholders)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or relevant substitute experience preferred
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Multi-lingual a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.