GM, Client Services
chWHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the GM of Client Services, you are the leader for a given Client Services team unit. You will be responsible for strategy, structure, budgets, people, financial outcomes and overall accountability for meeting goals. You are responsible for the overall quality of service for your team, and will act as the primary coach for day-to-day leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Setting goals and enabling growth (client portfolios and growing people).
- Owning a full P&L for your entire function in your owned region (compensation, equity, commission plans, revenue goals, margin, client/team expense budgets).
- Creating hiring plans, budget plans and staffing plans for owned region and executing on that vision.
- Acting as an engaging leader who can rally the team, inspire and motivate groups of people.
- Hiring and retaining talent at all levels (including senior talent), giving constructive feedback, terminating under-performers and/or implementing PIPs and identifying/investing in the “next generation” of leaders.
- Fully owning the client support structure and portfolio product needs.
- Translating the needs of our clients and informing our product strategy.
- Serving as a cross-functional bridge builder, collaborating with teams such as product, inventory, sales and marketing.
- Acting as a credible senior and experienced client services resource in key client meetings.
- Participating regularly in external industry events and acting as the “voice” of TTD leadership.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 10+ years of strong people management experience.
- A natural leader and motivator of people with a collaborative team approach.
- Proven record of applying high EQ to manage people’s emotions.
- Extensive experience in professional client relationship management.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups.
- Execute in an intense and fast-paced environment.
- Experience at new business development and pitching.
- Ambition to develop and grow.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.