Software Engineer Intern
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to make the Internet better for everyone – consumers, content owners, and marketers – by fixing the way advertising is bought and sold.
Our platform operates at an unprecedented scale. Handling over 9 million requests per second, we process more queries than searches on Google, tweets on Twitter, and snaps on Snapchat – combined. It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this. And after nearly 10 years of being among the fastest growing companies in the world, we are still just getting started...
We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. Every day our teams work across lines that often divide at other companies -- because we are more than builders, more than innovators, more than visionaries or problem solvers... We are a team who through shared challenges, setbacks, and successes, has become more than the sum of our parts.
As a Software Engineer Intern at The Trade Desk, you will:
- Own and ship a meaningful project, end-to-end. We believe strongly in ownership at The Trade Desk, and we are committed to you having something substantial to show for your time here.
- Receive close, one-on-one mentorship from an experienced software engineer.
- Collaborate with a globally-connected team of other interns in cities across the world
- Work with new technologies across a wide spectrum of computer science, including: distributed systems, petabyte-scale data processing, machine learning/AI, and UI/UX.
- Have the opportunity to visit and work from another Trade Desk office during your internship.
You might be a great fit for a Software Engineer internship at The Trade Desk if:
- You are fluent in one or more modern-object oriented programming languages.
- You have a firm grasp on basic data structures and algorithmic techniques.
- You are a quick and self-directed learner. We provide close support and mentorship, but you will not be handed a step-by-step plan. Your internship will be largely what you make of it.
- You can work in one of our physical office locations for the duration of your internship. Roles are available in Boulder/Denver CO, Seattle/Bellevue WA, Irvine, Ventura, San Jose CA, New York NY, and London.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project that makes a difference? Are you eager to innovate? – to work on unsolved problems where you are responsible for the outcome? Do you want unique, large-scale, and highly complex challenges involving technology that is brand-new to you?
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application and invite you find out why Fortune Magazine named The Trade Desk one of the top 15 best companies to work for.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.