Senior Sales Strategist - EMEA
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Strategy Team at The Trade Desk is the sales strategy and enablement arm of the Business Development Team. Strategists are the internal consultative resource that enable Sales to drive forward prospective business, identify/close up-sell opportunities, and surface incremental revenue.
The Senior Strategist will become fluent in all aspects of The Trade Desk platform, including targeting capabilities, product features, and positioning in the DSP and broader AdTech marketplace. Leveraging their platform knowledge, this individual will help drive, support, and execute the development of sales materials such as Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, proactive proposals, and external collateral. This person will collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization and globally to decode advertiser business objectives and develop innovative solutions around our proprietary technology.
The ideal candidate should understand the dynamic advertiser agency landscape and how digital media buyers operate to position The Trade Desk’s technology and services in a compelling way. This person should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, playing a supportive and consultative role to the Business Development Team and must be able to produce high-quality, analytical work while often operating under tight deadlines.
This is a fantastic growth opportunity for someone who is hungry to learn and thrive within the growing programmatic space. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and data driven with an eye for curating client facing materials. The candidate must also have a genuine interest in AdTech, big data, and be passionate about playing an instrumental role in the future of advertising.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Sales to develop revenue driving strategies for new and existing accounts
- Strategize, often with internal stakeholders, to ensure high-quality responses to RFI proposals, media plans, and other client facing materials to give The Trade Desk the best chance of winning opportunities
- Serve as the project lead on complex RFIs and other strategic/revenue driving initiatives
- Coach other team members and provide guidance around approach, framework, and overall structure for new and existing projects
- Review work of junior team members to ensure accuracy and alignment to overall messaging; provide meaningful feedback as needed
- Partner with Account Managers and Traders to aggregate relevant insights, historical campaign performance, inventory avails, and other relevant information to develop sales strategies
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk’s platform, product offerings, resources, and programmatic strategies
- Partner with Sales to research prospective brands, advertisers, and marketplace trends to understand current marketing efforts, competitors, and positioning; become an internal consultative resource on programmatic strategies, partnership specific information, macro and vertical trends, and competitive intelligence
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3-4 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other online advertising role)
- Must be able to think analytically, strategically, and tactically; formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner, utilizing a data-driven approach
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter, self-motivated, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player who participates and leads discussions; share best practices and knowledge with other Strategy Team members globally
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes and able to turn a concept or idea into substantive sales materials
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce high-quality work that represents The Trade Desk in market
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. required; comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- German and/or French language skills preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.