Senior Director/GM, TV Partnerships
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Are you passionate about the evolving TV advertising landscape? Do you have an executable vision of how to unlock the power of Connected TV for publishers across the marketing industry? If so, we are searching for a Senior Director/GM, Inventory Partnerships to lead our growing TV team. You will develop and execute long-term strategic partnerships with television content owners, connected device manufacturers, TV data partners and others, while also mentoring an agile team and developing talent.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Establish deeply integrated partnerships across the entire TV ecosystem and form relationships across the various organizations (i.e. Disney, etc.)
- Mentor a small team of TV Partnerships Managers; handling day-to-day management, motivating the team by setting clear expectations, developing career path plans, and maintaining a high level of performance from the team to develop the next generation of leaders
- Become an internal Subject Matter Expert on TV to spearhead education and evangelism of our TV ad solution
- Work side-by-side with TTD agency & brand clients, and the TV ecosystem at large, to support our growing sales teams with questions, proposals and presentations
- Establish & grow programmatic inventory access & prioritization with all TV partners across various points of distribution
- Provide oversight of all TV inventory to ensure successful operations & top line growth
- Perform industry & trend research and analysis, and identify unique partnership opportunities
- Develop educational content and lead trainings, demos & business reviews for internal TTD teams, partners and clients
- Facilitate and help develop marketing initiatives within the TV space
- Work with partners to refine data integrations and establish standards for transaction
- Lead contract negotiations with new TTD TV partnerships
- Partner with Product and Leadership to execute a long-term roadmap of TV-focused strategic initiatives
- Understand and communicate TTD’s value proposition and technology
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelors Degree
- 12+ years of programmatic experience in sales/business development for DSPs, SSPs, data companies, media companies or other related organizations
- Experience and understanding of both digital advertising and TV advertising buying strongly preferred
- Understanding and vision around the TV advertising space
- Experience collaborating across Sales, Account Management, Product, Marketing, Legal & Finance teams
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Self-starter able to seek new partnerships or projects, and lead a project from start to finish
- Experience in leading long-term sales/partnership cycles
- Ability to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes, and comfort with complex concepts
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities
- Proven communication, questioning, and listening skills in formal and informal settings
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.