Senior PR & Communications Manager - EMEA
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This new role will help to develop and drive successful public relations and strategic communications for The Trade Desk. This role will be responsible for communicating key messages from leaders across the business to educate internal audiences and to further build The Trade Desk’s external visibility with key audiences. Working closely with executives and colleagues across the organization, this individual will help manage external and internal communications to support key corporate values and business goals.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead PR and Communication Strategy in EMEA and write content to support marketing campaigns and programs across Europe.
- Support the delivery of an integrated communications strategy for The Trade Desk as well as for its various products and channels and deliver our PR content playbook strategy.
- Support multiple executives for media interviews, external speaking engagements and opportunities for thought leadership
- Discover, develop and share compelling by-lines and stories that promote The Trade Desk’s thought leadership, innovation, and expertise
- Own communications and content strategy to support strategic projects and marketing campaigns, including news releases, product launches, key events, interviews, etc.
- Support development of news releases and lead content materials for media and analysts as well as market-specific messaging for internal and external audiences to support business initiatives and growth
- Communicate news & new product information to key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. media, analysts and other key influencers)
- Regular coordination with our external PR firm to ensure focus on strategic, high-priority initiatives
- Coordinate with our external PR agencies in four markets (UK, Germany, France, Spain), to manage an effective Speakers Bureau and Press calendar.
- Coordination with US and APAC Communications colleagues to ensure alignment
- Expected travel around 25%
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Skilled communicator who is comfortable interacting with multiple internal and external contacts including experience managing PR agencies.
- Strong program management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn and comfortable suggesting ideas and making recommendations
- Ability to recognize and develop compelling storylines that support key company messages
- Strong writer and communicator, specifically content writing skills for press and marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with International teams
- Able to build strong partnerships with multiple contacts across the organization
- Ability to work with employees and executives of all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking, including data analysis, problem solving and attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude and solution oriented (focused on results)
- Native German speaker required. Fluent written and spoken English are essential, a third language is beneficial (preferably Spanish or French).
- 5 years of relevant B2B in-house PR or agency experience.
- Proven experience writing content pieces for PR and Marketing Campaigns to support news releases, product launches, key events, interviews, press by-lines.
- Experience working in information technology organizations, Software as a Service (SaaS) SaaS, Marketing technology, Advertising technology, or Knowledge of data and technology businesses within the advertising industry are preferred, but not mandatory.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.