Sr. Manager, Communications
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Senior Manager, communications will be responsible for providing external communications support for The Trade Desk. The Sr. Manager Comms will drive a worldwide media relations program, positioning TTD in earned and owned media as a leading global omnichannel DSP. The comms program will support go to market product marketing, partner marketing, thought leadership, corporate reputation and social media amplification goals.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute day-to-day media relations in US, and inform/support efforts as needed in EMEA, APAC.
- Provide external proactive communications, including development of press releases, media briefing documents, FAQs
- In concert with product marketing, develop and execute communications strategies and tactics to support product launches, announcements, and initiatives directly related to raising awareness of TTD offerings
- Prepare executives and SMEs for media briefings
- Vet/draft responses for external reactive communications and general inquiries with TTD Legal and Investor Relations teams as required
- Manage TTD’s agency of record and other resources to support programs and communications needs
- Manage executive and SME speaker bureau
- Manage PR processes, including content review, approvals and measurement
- Manage communications tools, including internal updates, external newsroom, calendar of activities
- Develop and execute paid digital marketing campaigns using TTD technology and third party platforms.
- Develop a strategic plan for lead generation through the website based on best practices, and then oversee and contribute to development of the site, including its content.
- Develop a strategy for Marketing automation using Marketo and other tools.
- Consult on required architecture of Marketo and other system to ensure optimal use.
- As part of the integrated digital marketing plan, develop a nurture program including overseeing proper configuration of the system, developing a workflow for incoming leads, creating or coordinating the creation of relevant content
- Use best practices to ensure data related to lead lists is accurate and usable. Specifically, manage all lead gen list organization and hierarchy.
- Collaborate with sales to develop a process to qualify leads based on agreed upon parameters and ensure effective and timely follow up for appropriate leads.
- Drive attendance and traffic to marketing events, including trade shows, speaking engagements, webinars and learning programs
- Centralize processes for global marketing automation, provide support to regional teams, and consider regional programs in all efforts.
- Ensure all digital assets are available for localization.
- Ensure proper tracking of attribution from all digital marketing efforts (including ads, site, emails, partner referral, etc.).
- Identify KPIs and continuously track and evaluate relevant metrics to allow ongoing optimization of marketing efforts.
- Candidate will have 5-8 years of progressive B2B Technology PR experience working for a public company. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency or client, ideally in the ad tech or related tech space. Bachelors degree required
- Strategic, creative business thinking while maintaining a strong focus on execution
- Act with a strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to participate in cross-functional teams
- Project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demanding initiatives concurrently
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills and the ability to communicate to all audiences at all levels in a clear, timely and effective manner
- High energy level, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness
- An ability to influence and drive results at any level
- A high level of professional integrity, poise and emotional maturity
- A strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with people of diverse skills, levels, experience and personalities
- The ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Some experience with crisis comms preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.